Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Mixing Bowl Safari

I need new mixing bowls. I've put it off for awhile, but I can't deny the necessity any more. I have only one large mixing bowl left(thank you honey), and with Christmas baking coming up I'm going to need more than one mixing bowl to get everything done. Soooo, with that in mind,  I went bowl and gadget shopping and as usual, I thought I'd share some of my cool findings....you know I can't resist neat kitchen stuff!
The first set I happened on were some awesome recycled melamine nesting bowls by Zak! in bright funky colors. As you can see below, they're not your grandma's melamine bowls! They don't really match my kitchen, but I still like them. I'd love to use them in my crafting room, though...it's the home of all things quirky and funky.


Now if I had the money to spare, I'd get this great copper mixing bowl from ChefTools.com:
Now THAT is a mixing bowl! I want it so bad...maybe I can convince Dale to let me get it? I might have to hold out until my birthday for this one, though, since it's $129.00. I can see myself whipping up egg whites for meringues or raising bread dough in that awesome bowl....
These green ceramic nesting bowls from Emile Henry are much more realistic, and still beautiful. They are available at CSNStores.com. there is just something nice about ceramic. They're heavy and sturdy, and they clean up easily. Plus, they're always in style. I like the green color(hey, it matches the blog!); it would look gorgeous in my kitchen.
Speaking of CSNStores.com, I am completely in love with this cookware and bakeware from Le Creuset:

Isn't that gorgeous? I love that blue color. I know it wouldn't go with anything in my kitchen, but still...a girl can dream, can't she?
I finally settled on the green ceramic bowls. I can't wait to get them! It's almost time to start the holiday baking!


0 comments:

Post a Comment