Monday, July 12, 2010

I recently ran across a very intersting blog post about the carbon footprints of blogs...yep, your blog has a carbon footprint. Who'd have thunk it? "Making Your Blog Carbon Neutral For Free" on Green-Eyed View has some pretty interesting facts and figures on how much carbon dioxide is emitted by the average blog every visit. I know my little corner of the blogosphere isn't anywhere near average, but I was nevertheless shocked at the thought of my blogging causing carbon emissions, although when I stop and think about it, I do get it.
The answer? Plant a tree. One tree will neutralize the carbon footprint of your blog 100%. sounds pretty cool, but I bet you're thinking about the cost of a tree, care and maintenance, etc., right? Or if you live in an apartment, you're thinking about the fact that you can't plant a tree at all. But there IS good news: if you go to the post listed above, there are steps you can follow to have a tree planted FOR YOU....just by passing this bit of news onward in your blog. Pretty cool deal, if you ask me. 
I would urge all of you bloggers to consider this option...anything we can do to green the planet will benefit us all!


MandaMac

0 comments:

Post a Comment