Friday, June 4, 2010

Jelly Success!

Double blog today...HOORAY! We taste tested the jelly today on our biscuits, and it was totally YUMMY! Not "plant-y" at all. Just a very subtle sweet lemon floral taste. Dale said it tasted a bit like a sweet tart. Will be perfect this winter on scones and biscuits. I am planning on having toast for breakfast tomorrow just so I can have some more. I am definitely going to make a full sized batch now. Might make some nice Christmas presents with a scone mix and some tea.
Also, I know this is a horrible picture(took it with my phone) but here is some of my now-blooming bee balm:

Pretty! I also have some that is a pale, pale lavender pink, and some that is hot pink...like punk-chick 80s lipstick pink. It shocks me every time I take a look at it. Anyway, the hubster is home from work/school, and he and Macey-mutt are tearing the house apart, so it's time for me to go start something for dinner.


MandaMac

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the blog! Very cute I think you have a gift for it, please keep it up! I love the stacking doll measuring cups. We need to give them to mom for Christmas or me. :)

Maybe we will see The Rustic Tart soon.

Meghan Streets

MandaMac said...

I am definitely waiting to see The Rustic Tart...on my favorite blogs list!

Post a Comment