Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Underappreciated Husbands

Hello readers and friends! Sorry today's post is so late. Work called, and I had to answer, although I would have rather kept the phone on "silent mode" LOL. Last night, we had dinner at Chez Hubby...and it was DELISH. Perfectly grilled ribeyes with just the right amount of "moo"(how does a man who grew up a vegetarian have such a natural touch with cow? Life is full of mysteries...), steamed asparagus, and a lemon cheesecake for dessert. Ok, the cheesecake was me, but we're praising the male cook. And my darling hubby, according to my dad, has made a fatal marriage mistake: he let his wife know he knows how to cook. LOL. I confess, as much as I like to cook, there are many times I am just too tired, or I don't feel like it. Nice to know someone else in this house can turn out a meal worthy of any steakhouse. Oh and did I mention he make a KILLER spaghetti sauce with meat and carrots and spinach and yellow squash, red peppers and onions and broccoli? It's fabulous. 
Ladies, I know Father's Day is coming up, but for those of you who don't have kids, don't forget your husbands and all the little things they do for you....even when they drive you nuts, and forget to take out the trash, and all those other things. 
For myself, I have a tendency to forget about all the things Dale does for me, things I don't even notice most of the time because I'm consumed with housework, and computer stuff, and garden and business. It becomes so easy when you are a stay at home wife(whether you work at home or not) to not appreciate those little things, like taking out the trash, or loading the dishwasher, or cooking the occasional meal. Or even stuff like sitting through your doctor's appointments, or patiently listening to you gripe about anything, everything or nothing.
Let your hubbies know how much you appreciate the things they do for you! And now I am off to do some "appreciation" of my own.






MandaMac









Grilled Soy-Sesame Asparagus










  • 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
  • 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds

  • Preheat grill for high heat.
  • In a bowl, mix sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, and brown sugar. Place asparagus in the bowl, and toss to coat.
  • Lightly oil a fine-mesh grill grate. Place asparagus on grate, and cook 8 minutes, until tender but firm. Garnish with sesame seeds to serve.


 *today's recipe courtesy of Sue L @ www.allrecipes.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment