Monday, June 21, 2010

Pitchers Galore!

So, it's been a long stormy weekend here! This is my favorite time of year-I love storms!
Some of you may know, but not everyone-that I also LOVE pitchers.  I have some sort of weird fascination with them. So I was online today, looking for a new one to add to my collection. There are some pretty awesome pitchers out there; it's so hard to choose! I don't really like some of the really delicate porcelain or thin ceramic ones, although there are some pretty ones I wouldn't mind having. What I really adore are pottery, heavy ceramic, stoneware or hand-blown ones(I also have a passion for old pottery and earthenware mixing bowls, but that's a whole other post for another day.). Here are three of my favorites that I use every day:


MY favorite to date: my mom got it for me for Christmas five years ago.


this one was a hand-me-down from mom. Still love it, still use it almost daily.

My pretty yard-sale depression glass pitcher. If anyone knows what pattern this is, I'd love to know, too....never been able to find it.

I have several more, but they're all put up, and I didn't feel like getting the ladder out to get on top of the cabinets to photograph them tonight, hahaha.

Anyway, like I said, I've been on the hunt to add to my collection. I've found several pretty awesome ones I'd like to have, so I guess I need to start saving, huh? Here are a few of the neater ones:

I'm not a huge fan of Sangria, but if it gets poured out of THIS pitcher by KegWorks, I'm sure I'd love it!





And then there is almost ANYTHING from Origin Crafts....I haven't seen a pitcher of there's yet that I haven't wanted. Here are a few of theirs:






BUT, while shopping, I have to say that this pitcher from DinnerPlates.com takes the cake as the coolest and most unique pitcher I've found yet, and I think I have to have it!

Totally awesome, IMHO. I'd feel so deliciously...something. Neolithic, maybe. But cool, hip Neolithic, if they had an equivalent of a SoHo loft.

So my question to you, my readers is, what do you collect? Drop me a line and tell me about it. Maybe we have a few things in common!

MandaMac



0 comments:

Post a Comment