Tuesday, June 29, 2010

It's me again. Been awhile. Sorry, I haven't been feeling the best; think I got a bit too much sun a couple days ago, and it's been wreaking havoc, as you can imagine.

Once again, the sod people have stolen my hose! They did it last week; went out to water my garden, and my hose was nowhere to be found! Dale said the last time he saw it the TruGreen guys were using it to water our lawn. So the next day, I confronted them about it and guess where my hose was? Three houses down. What kind of company uses someone else's hose in the first place, then decides to take it OFF THEIR PROPERTY to another house? Am I the only person who sees a problem with this?
Ok, rant done. I think I'm going to have to make some more plum jelly...we're on our second jar, lol. That stuff is disappearing FAST. It's so delicious! I've totally decided that I love making jelly.
And I'm glad that we're getting paid tomorrow....I can get my tomatoes! And maybe a little food in the house? LOL 
Contemplating moving the home office upstairs. I want my dining room back. And since both myself and Dale are going to be starting school this summer, and we're going to be getting another computer, more room is going to be essential. I just need some inspiration. So, I've been hunting around on the interwebs, as usual, for design ideas. Here are a few I sort of like:
I thought this was pretty cool, because my "desk" is a table very similar to the one in this picture; I thought it looked cute...wish I had sloped eaves like that. I also liked these:
Totally cute. Not sure if I dare to paint a wall in here...we can, but it might be a pain in the butt to have to repaint when we leave. I do have a hutch that I thought maybe I can repaint so it looks similar to the one in the bottom picture. We'll need workspace for two desktops, so that's going to be another challenge altogether. Otherwise, I'd be happy tucking an office into a nook or corner.
Someday though, my walls will look like this:
primarily because I can't seem to stop collecting books. My kind of room. Someday I plan to have more books than the average small town library. My problem right now is bookshelves. We just can't afford big, solidly built wood or MDF ones, so we are usually stuck with the flimsy particleboard ones, which were obviously not designed or approved by any bibliophile. You put more than ten books on a shelf, and they're guaranteed to buckle. I'm guessing those were made primarily for people who want to show of the ten books they own, and a few random xbox games and knickknacks. I need sturdy, and I'm afraid I'm going to have to go all "DIY" and make some myself....which is a scary idea. Maybe I'll just have to go with the old plank and block bookshelf design....
I'll keep thinking, and when I come up with something, you can be sure I'll be letting you guys know about it! Til then...

MandaMac

0 comments:

Post a Comment